Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Right in front of me

Isn't it amazing how when you are struggling every once in a while what you need is right in front of you.

I try not to discuss religion or get preachy on my blog too often but this is one of those times that I know I am not the only one that can benefit from this.

I attended the General Relief Society Meeting at our stake center this past Saturday, there were some amazing talks but the one talk that really stood out to me was President Uchtdorf's.

He talked about the little flower: Forget-Me-Nots and I will post a link to his entire talk as soon as it is available, but for now here are the basics.

* Forget not to be patient with yourself
* Forget not the difference between good and foolish sacrifices
* Forget not to be happy now
* Forget not the why of the Gospel
* Forget not that the Lord loves you



All of these points I think I had been lacking in my life in one way or another. How complicated yet how simple all of these things are. I left that conference feeling like I had a new out-look on life and the realization that I needed to make some changes for me!



That talk along with this saying (below) that I found today have helped me feel better about life and know that these trials I am having are to make me better and to make me stronger. Even though I may feel like a dark cloud is hanging over me, I know the sun is shining on the other side and it is just waiting to break through.

"God is just making the joys of parenthood sweeter for you by introducing you to the heartache early. Each anxiety we experience produces a greater appreciation for the wonderment that precious children bring into our lives."

2 comments:

  1. Thank toggle sharing Jen. I'm gonna borrow that last quote for my blog. I'm finally going to sit down and type out everything thats been going on with us. Not so everyone can read it per say, but so we can remember the feelings. It happen soon for you guys. I know it!!!

    ReplyDelete