Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Saturday in the Park

I have not been very good about posting lately but I would be very upset if I didn't share some of my feelings from last month.

For those of you who read this blog and follow me on Facebook you will know that a month ago, August 30th was a big day for Adam and I. It was the day that we were hoping we would be given a chance to start our family sooner, rather than later. It was the day of our 5K with Footsteps for Fertility.

I don't want to make you read to the end to know the results so I will just tell you, we did not win anything that day. No free rounds of IVF and no $5,000 grants. But I have so much emotion leading up to that day and of course the day of.

It was a beautiful, overcast day at Liberty Park. It was early (at least for me on a Saturday) We had to be at the park by 8:00am so we left Eagle Mountain around 6:45 and made great time. We arrived there at about 7:20.  I did not sleep well the night before. I was nervous, anxious and excited to see what the next day held. We showed up at the starting line with so many others while we waited for our team to arrive. I was blown away by how many people were there that day and how many groups were there for the same reason we were, to try, to start their family! Our team started showing up and I could feel the tears well up as I realized they were here to support us. (I kept it together pretty well at the beginning) We ended up having 15 people show up to run/walk with us!

It was a great walk/run and afterwards we waited with our team to hear the results. It was the longest drawing of my life but I knew that I was surrounded with so many people who loved and cared for us. Like I said above we did not win. I didn't think I would cry, but I did and honestly it felt so good. That is when our friends and family hugged us and gave us the words of encouragement we severely needed. That day I realized that it was ok for me to feel. Whether it was anger, sadness, hope, it didn't matter, this is our infertility journey and it is ok for me to have feelings. It is ok for me to share my thoughts on this little blog and it is ok if others do not understand or don't agree with me. We will survive! We have not given up. Stay tuned for more info on what we are going to do now.

Here are some pictures of that day but first I want to make sure I say THANK YOU! Thank you to everyone who signed up to walk/run or sleep-in. Thank you for reading my little blog and for following this journey with us. It is so much easier to carry a burden when you have others helping you along.








1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!! I just have so much admiration for you!! I was so bummed when I found out you didn't win, but I know it was a wonderful experience for you guys!

    ReplyDelete