Saturday, March 10, 2012

Part 3

We aren't pregnant yet (24 months later) and sometimes I feel like maybe we are not meant to have children. Maybe we are just supposed to be the cool aunt and uncle who travel the world and buy the best gifts? Except we don't travel but we do give some awesome gifts. The truth is though I really do want a child, our child, but maybe we are just not cut out for that.

There are days, like today, that I feel like we will never have a child in our home and that maybe for some reason this is part of the Lord's plan that I don't understand.
The last little while has been rough, if you can't tell by the beginning of this post.
    The doctor's office called back in Septemeber to remind me of my appointment, my appointment that was supposed to be my 10 week appointment, the appointment that would let me know that there really was a baby inside of me, the appointment most moms-to-be wait for. I know that the nurse felt horrible that she had made the mistake to call me and I told her politely that I had miscarried the month before so I would not need that appointment. Of course I was at work but as soon as I got home I broke down. It was yet another reminder that I was broken that sure I got pregnant but yet there was not going to be a baby, there hadn't been a baby in almost four weeks. There would be no exciting news to share, no nurseries to dream about, there was nothing.
  Then I got a call from the doctor a few weeks after that. I was surprised since I hadn't talked to the doctor in a while. They told me that they wanted me to get an HSG. I asked them if it was necessary because I had been pregnant in August so there shouldn't really be any thing wrong??? They said this is what the doctor wants to do. I felt defeated because that means they still don't think I can get pregnant with out help.
Fast forward to this week....
My cycles have started going wacky again but the doctor won't put me on Clomid again until I get my test done, which I am hoping to take care of here soon. It feels like we are back at square one again because with my cycles being all weird again it is hard to know what my body is doing which makes it hard to get pregnant. Hopefully this HSG will give some insight or at least cause the doctor to put me back on Clomid. I have made an appointment with a RE (reproduction endocrinologist) for the end of February, but maybe we will be blessed and a miracle will happen so that we don't have to take that next step but I guess if this is the road we have to take to get our baby here then we will take it.
I am not sure why this all upset me so much, I guess it made me feel like I am broken, that the reason Adam isn't a dad yet is because of me,
I. AM. A. FAILURE.
Maybe I have made too many mistakes and had enough second chances or I am just not cut out to be a mom but no one has the heart to tell me.
In all honesty I don't want to get tested because what if there really is something wrong that they can't fix, maybe I don't want to know. No one has made me feel this way except for me, we really are our own worst critics.
I will keep you posted. I usually don't ask for this but if any of you that read this can keep us in your prayers I would really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment