Tuesday, August 23, 2011

For Sale

This was my Grandma's home and the house my mom grew up in. I am posting this for my memories of what her house looked like and because maybe I can help my mom sell it.
I have a lot of great memories in this house and even though it looks a little dated it was a big part of my childhood just the way it was with the rose colored carpet in my Grandma's room and always seeing my grandparents sitting on the front porch when we pulled up. My grandma passed away just over a year ago and it is still so weird to know she won't be there giving out candy to all of the neighborhood kids or taking a stroll around her neighborhood. Sure the house needs a little work and I am sure who ever buys it will change a lot of things. My memories will always be there and this will always be my grandparent's house.
I know that my mom has some great memories in this house and even though she might not say it I think she is really going to miss this house. We did get a lot of amazing stuff when we were cleaning out the house. Lots of pictures of my grandparents that I have never seen, my grandma's wedding dress and all of those little things that I remember from spending lots of time in this home.

As sad as I am to see this house go I know that it is time and so with that I will put a link for the listing. Hopefully someone else will love this house like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment