Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Utah County

Most of you know I grew up in Salt Lake for most of my life then one day I got married and we bought at house and moved down to UT County. I didn't realize that life would be different away from the SLC but it is.

In Utah County: (we are going to call it the UTC)

*Everyone passes on the right. WTF!? Why are you driving so slow in the fast lane and so fast in the slow lane?

* They don't like stop signs instead they like to have "circles of death" everywhere, I think it is some city planner's demented sense of humor. You don't have a four way stop but you have five lanes all coming to yeild signs at the same time and trying to be the first to make your way through the round-a-bout before you DIE. I am now a pro at driving in a circle, England here I come!

* You should add at least an extra 15 minutes to your drive just in case you get stuck behind a tractor, which happens more often then you would think

* Utah fans do exist in the UTC, although we are few and far between we still bleed RED

*As far as BYU fans go, on game day don't even think about going to Orem or Provo for food it will take you at least twice as long and if you aren't wearing blue be afraid

* Our potholes will swallow your entire car

*Mormon Standard Time is a real thing in the UTC.

* If you love to save with coupons you don't stand a chance at that deal in the UTC

* Costco and the Fabric Stores on a Tuesday at 11:00 am are crazy in the UTC. Imagine Costco on a Saturday in the SLC that is how crazy it is everyday of the week!

I am sure this list will continue to grow but for now that's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment